NSW Bar Association v Ossei: diplomatic immunity
A new defence in professional discipline proceedings: a barrister claimed diplomatic immunity in the NSW Administrative Decisions Tribunal’s Legal Services Division matter of NSW Bar Association v Ossei. Unsuccessfully.
- And another Court of Appeal sets aside another gross overcharging conviction
- Barrister leaves claiming the immunity too late to get costs when he wins
- Tribunal willing to find immunity in pre-proceedings conduct
- Costs ordered against Law Institute in unsuccessful opposition to appeal against sentence of solicitor
- States’ and territories’ disciplinary systems summarised by the government