A lawyer failed to show up for court one day. Then he appeared to explain: injured his ankle that morning. The judge said ‘Take him away’ and he went to jail, just like that. Now, for some reason, the judge is under investigation. They do everything bigger and better over there. Her Worship Pat O’Shane’s conduct, scolded by the NSW Court of Appeal, in citing a party for contempt and continuing to hear the trial of his matter, is but a pale imitation of the strong leadership shown by the Texans.
- Legal Services Board doesn’t renew ticket of lawyer to gangland figures
- No obligation to obey VCAT order invalid for exceeding jurisdiction
- Application by appellant to remove respondent’s trial counsel from appeal dismissed
- Certification of expert witness expenses in the County Court
- WA solicitor’s unilateral communication with judge’s associate was professional misconduct