The Age has reported the conviction for drug trafficking of a 41 year old church-going Melbourne patent lawyer with a Master of Laws after a shoe box containing about $170,000 in cash and $300,000 worth of the drug ice was found in her apartment. She is yet to be sentenced. It will be interesting to see what happens to her practising certificate.
- Anyone got a bent lawyer story to top this one?
- Evidence of offers at mediation admitted into evidence
- Man gives up only after suing lawyer for negligence in suing previous lawyer retained to sue lawyer before that
- Leading, senior and respected solicitor convicted over $0.75M fraud suspended till 2013
- So-called lawyer to the underworld fails in challenge to ticket non-renewal