Victoria’s Legal Services Commissioner is advertising for a Senior Policy Officer in the Complaints and Investigations division, which sounds pretty good if you’re a policy wonk. Applications close 13 December 2010. Here are the details:
Senior Policy Officer, Complaints & Investigations, Legal Services Commissioner
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Exceptional research, conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to be proactive and creative in policy development.
- An understanding of the complaints provisions relating to the regulation of legal practitioners and legal practices in Vic toria and familiarity with the operation of complaints systems, highly desirable.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise and maintain effective relationships with staff and a range of external stakeholders.
- Excellent written skills and experience in the preparation of timely, clear and concise documents, including complex detailed legal policy papers and reports.
- High level leadership and team management experience with strong organisation skills and the ability to manage and mentor staff.
- Extensive experience in developing policies and guidelines, professional standards and interpretation of legal and statutory provisions.
- What the Gobbo royal commission recommended about regulation of the legal profession
- Time limit for new disciplinary complaints against Victorian and NSW lawyers
- John Briton, Queensland’s Legal Services Commissioner
- Victorian Legal Services Commissioner’s 2006-2007 annual report
- What is it about ex-telecommunications regulators?