Update: 25 October 2008: He died on 19 October 2008, still aged 100.
Original post: A solicitor who did not know how to use a telephone when he started work in the law, and who describes himself as the last of the last old style family solicitors, has renewed his practising certificate for his 101st year. He has had some of his clients for 70 years. His name is George Bilbie. Photos here.
- Bar cops criticism for experienced barrister’s failure to procure a practising certificate
- Does the Legal Services Board have the power retrospectively to excuse inadvertently practising briefly without a practising certificate?
- How not to correspond with the person you’re seeking a practising certificate from
- Depressed serial non-responder not to practise on own account until 2013
- Barristers never used to need practising certificates
One Reply to “George Bilbie, solicitor, of Newcastle, still practising aged 100”
So who’s the oldest practising lawyer in Australia now?